We are pleased to announce we have sold multi-unit development deals for the following markets: Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota, Daytona, Jacksonville, Miami, Tallahassee and Gainesville – bringing the total buildout of reserved units to be developed by 2020 at 56.
The following Florida markets remain available:
- Palm Beach County (7 units)
- Broward County (9 units)
- Fort Myers & Naples (Lee/Charlotte/Collier Counties – 5 units)
- The Panhandle (Escambia/Santa Rosa/Okaloosa/Walton/Bay Counties – 4 units)
- Cocoa Beach & Melbourne (Brevard/Indian River/St. Lucy/Martin Counties – 4 units)
- Lakeland (1 unit)
- Ocala and the Villages (1 unit)
Do to overwhelming customer demand and franchise inquiries, Jimmy Hula’s shall be registering in order to provide franchising opportunities in Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. We will be accepting reservations for these new markets starting October 1, 2016. We are particularly interested in establishing relationships with Master Franchisees and Area Developers with strong business, development and sales experience.
We are particularly interested in establishing relationships with Master Franchisees and Area Developers with strong business, development and sales experience.
Jimmy Hula’s has the best fish tacos and the best burgers anywhere. Our flagship restaurant in Winter Park, Florida is Jimmy’s first permanent mark on the world. Where the magic begins; Where Food Nirvana began…
Jimmy Hula’s has developed a cult following in Central Florida primarily due to the freshness of the food, the quirk of our marketing, and the environment created by our locations. We really take people away when they visit our stores. A spot on the island in the middle of a city is quite the oasis. We hope you can join us on this journey to serve up Food Nirvana and profit while doing so.
To receive more information please click on the tab titled “Franchise Questionnaire” and fill out the form in its entirety. You can also get answers to some of our most frequently asked questions by clicking on the tab titled “Franchise FAQ’s”
1. Do I need capital to invest?
Yes. We do not provide or arrange financing. Depending on your financial assets, it may be difficult to obtain bank financing. We suggest that you have a minimum of $150,000-$250,000 in liquid capital available to invest in the business and we require proof of $200,000 of invest-able cash into this exciting new concept.
2. Why the range on needed capital?
Each location is unique. Equipment and fixtures may be in place from a prior restaurant use. Landlords sometimes assist a tenant in building out the interior finishes. Fees, licensing, permitting varies in each city or county.
3. In what states will franchises be available?
We are franchising in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina.
4. Do I need restaurant experience?
No, but it is recommended. You or someone from your team will be required to become an approved Operator. Your designated approved operator trainee will be required to complete 4 weeks of in- store training. We do not charge for the training but we do not pay the trainee for hours worked. You will be responsible for paying your trainee.
5. How can I learn more about the store level economics? How much money will I make with my store?
Store level economics can and will be discussed after the application has been completed, a conference call with our Franchise Development Director has been completed, and we have qualified you as a good candidate for franchising. Our concept and food quality allow us to reduce or eliminate the use of coupons, the discounts, the lowering of price points, and everything else that drives restaurants out of business and makes franchise owners furious. We remove those road blocks with our business model to ensure the highest return on investment for our franchisees.
6. Must Jimmy Hula’s approve the proposed location?
7. Can a franchisee operate or be involved with any other restaurant concept while being a Franchisee?
Yes – as long as it’s not a competing concept with Jimmy Hula’s.
Resources We Provide
• Powerful brand recognition
• Assistance with site selection
• Real estate lease guidance
• We ONLY offer architectural template designs
• Bulk purchasing power
• Staffing & training assistance
• Ongoing quality control support
• Recipe & operational handbooks
• Store opening procedures and checklists
• Marketing Strategy
• Proprietary POS system
• Equipment outlines & cut-sheets
• Decor package outlines & cut-sheets
• General operating instructions
Real Estate Fast Facts
• Square Footage: 2,600-3,200
• Demos: 100k + 5mi – 65k income annually
• Generation 2 or Turnkey capability
• Patio Capability
• Rent = 6% of forecasted annual sales
• Life of Lease: 20 years
Franchise Fast Facts
• Franchise Fee: $30,000
• Estimated Capital Investment: $263,000-$474,000
• Average Unit Volume: $1.27 Million
• Royalty Fee: 5%
• Labor Cost: 27%
• Food Cost: 27%
• Return: 9-12% on average annual unit sales
Type Of Expenditure
Initial Franchise License Fee
$50,000 - $150,000
Furniture - Fixtures - Decor
$25,000 - $50,000
$30,000 - $60,000
$5,000 - $20,000
POS & Computer Systems
$10,000 - $14,000
Insurance (property, liability & workers comp.)
$4,000 - $8,000
$5,000 - $10,000
Opening Labor & Training
$15,000 - $25,000
Uniforms - Licenses - Permits - Deposits
$9,000 - $12,000
Misc. Additional Funds (3 months)
$15,000 - $30,000
Low $263,000 High $474,000